Monday, March 23, 2009

Where in the world am I?



I'm enjoying my time here in Adelaide. It is the first time in 5 months that I've left SE Asia, and you forget a lot of those little things. The weather in really cool here (major plus) and the sun is shiny!

Now, if you will please open your GoogleEarth application, we can get the tour underway (Make sure to activate your "Streetview" layer!)

First things first, let's visit "129 North Terrace, Adelaide Australia" Pop into the street view bubble and look north. Behind the big tree is the Hyatt where I'm staying, and behind there is a river that I'm about to go jog down.

Next we move to "100 Gawler Place, Adelaide Australia" If you look directly West you can see the entrance to the office where I'm working. I had a Ham and Cheese sandwich at the café for lunch. Very good! Coffee is bitter though.

Now head over to "123 Gouger Street, Adelaide Australia" Look South and you will see The Bar on Gouger. Massive beer list! Malaysia has the worst beer selection, which is my only beef with the country. I had a La Fin du Monde, followed by a Little Creatures Pale Ale, then washed it all down with a local IPA. Man I missed that crispness!

Last night while passing "198 King William St., Adelaide Australia" (look west) there were 2 skinheads bumming around. As I approached, the alpha male walked over and spit on the ground about three feet in front of me, then stared at me. I looked back at him with a warm smile…partly because skinheads need a caring smile in this cold world, but mainly to dissuade him from punching me in the head.

Finally, we are going to visit "220 Rundle St., Adelaide Australia" Right there on the corner is Cibo Espresso, where I will take Kim when she arrives. Good coffee and atmosphere. Please note the stereotypical "Aussie Bloke" on the corner. Leather hat and all!

1 comment:

Liz Jordan said...

THIS IS AMAZING - YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!