Saturday, January 10, 2009

Money, Money, Money!


On Davids 18th birthday I gave him a black leather wallet.  During our puppy love stage it took me a long time to find one for him, because of coarse it had to be perfect!  This was in 2001 which means that this wallet has been around for 8 years now.  It went with us on our first adventurous trip together to Italy, to Peru for spring break with his buddy John, to Barcelona and up the Eiffel Tower in Paris, our honeymoon in Thailand, and the list goes on and on.  

While on our latest trip to Borneo David takes his trusty wallet out of his back pocket and I smell something funky.  I ask David: 'It smells kind of like old hockey equipment here, do you smell it?' silence.. 'I think it's your wallet.' We both take turns smelling the item. This definitely was the cause of that terrible scent.  I realize at this point that I need to take action and buy my husband a new wallet, a.s.ap!  After searching hard for one, I buy one that is almost identical to David's old.  By the way, not on purpose!  I guess my taste really hasn't changed much over the years.  : )

p.s. My wallet was looking a bit out dated as well, so I found one for myself!  Once again, another green wallet! Lets see how long they last this time. 

1 comment:

jean said...

like the variety, ooh yaah.