Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Year 2009


New Years Resolutions.  I really don't remember what my last years resolution was or even the year before that.  I think the only time that I actually did stick with one was the year 2002, right before my move to Denver, Colorado for art school.  At that time I was a big fan of soda, especially Coke.  It was a daily habit of mine,  kind of like my cup of coffee every morning.  I decided to quit for a whole year!  A year went by in no time, and I didn't even crave the bubbly Coke's anymore.  Now, it's 7 years later and I can't even remember when the last time I had a Coke!  That's a New Years Resolution that really worked!

This years resolution has to do with getting over fears of mine.  I've always wanted to learn how to ride the scooter, but never did because deep inside of me the thought of driving through traffic and running into a car or person, or a little kitty cat just scared the heck out of me! 
 I can now proudly say that last weekend my excellent instructor, David taught me how to ride our little scooter.  May I add that this was on the left side of the road including hills? What a great place to learn!  Ha Ha!

My other resolution is to learn how to Scuba Dive!  Yes, I love to idea of exploring this underwater world, with it's unique colors and alien like creatures, but then there's that small thing of breathing underwater..  Well, I told myself that I'm going to get over that fear and I'm getting my open water diving license this year! 

Fun and adventurous times to come!  


1 comment:

jean said...

you go girl, beat those demons.