Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's a HO HO HO night.

I meant to post this two weeks ago, but a move to another apartment, a short trip to Phuket, Thailand, and no internet for a week got in the way!

Alice Smith Christmas Bazaar

I was a bit worried the first hour and a half of the Bazaar.  My table was out of traffics way.  The person on the right of me even noticed that as well.  Oh poor me..

When David and Erik arrived I had only sold a few cards. I asked David if he would babysit my table while I made my rounds.  I spoke to a local artist and she asked me if I wanted to sell my cards at her shop in Damansara.  She also suggested a couple of galleries that would display my art work.  I have to say, the artist community is really great here in KL. I love they don't act as if you are their competition, but as fellow artists that are there to help out. It's wonderful. 



After I finished my big circle, watched kids run around the school,  and bought Erik his first Malaysian chicken sate with peanut sauce, I went back to my table and it was packed with people surrounding my art and chatting with David.  I believe it's David's good looks that attracted all those people and from now on I need to convince him to come with me every time!  The remainder of the evening continued to stay busy and I even saw a couple of my Gaelic Football mates. So all in all, I would say it was a successful night! 

1 comment:

Deek said...

I only sold a bunch of stuff cause I have a marketing strategy: Sell only to little kids, that way their parents will be faced with forking over the dough, or breaking little Timmy's heart. Easy choice!