Monday, December 20, 2010

Rex Hotel

In the new apartment we have this ashtray in the kitchen that is really over the top. It’s from an old hotel, so I googled it today and found out that this hotel has a lot of history.

It’s based out of Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon), and housed solidiers during the Vietnam War (or American War if you are from Sth East Asia). The daily press conferences on the war were held here (see: The Five O’Clock Follies) and now it’s a really high end hotel.

Kim and I will be in Ho Chi Minh in Jan, so I think we’ll be stopping in for a drink! Maybe we can spot a similar ashtray!

Check out The Rex Hotel info Here

2 comments:

KIM said...

wow! that's really cool! I knew there was something about that extremely large ashtray! ha ha!

jean said...

He, I had the same thought of Googling the ashtray, but forgot to; so thanks for doing that.
Hum,......... do you guys remember the petrified rock from NM?
Hum I'm wondering....