Monday, June 15, 2009

Feeling Hazy


This time of year the farmers throughout Malaysia and Indonesia clear their land by setting fire to it.  Due to the wind patterns, all the smoke heads on over to the Klang Valley, and right on top of KL.  In the photo above you can barely see the communications tower, and the twin towers are completely shrouded.

It's been depressing lately...sort of like a long winter.  When you walk out you can smell it, and it gets into your clothes.  For the Houstonians reading, it is a lot like the fires in Mexico that caused everybody to retreat to the indoors for a few weeks.  ugh...really hating it.  But luckily it rained hard over the weekend, and the skies were so clear.  

I'm sure the haze will return, but until then I'm praying for rain!

For an interesting article, Click Here!

1 comment:

Dad K said...

Hey guys. Hang in there. You can dooo eet. I'm over my post sailing fatigue and ready for a new round of audits and various adventures. Drum lessons are almos upon me once I clear my schedule and my teacher get's back from tour. I'm giving up on my Rock career because the 2am gigs will be the end of me. I'm going Christian and weekend festivals. I had Orson and Kenai for last weekend. He wasn't so white and fluffy after 3 days in my yard. We had a cat encounter but Kenai jumped the gun before I could direct Orson. the kiddie pool was a hit. Next time he'll be ready for swimming at the boat ramp. i'm off to Philly and dallas with Michigan in between. Somebody stop me. Love dad