Saturday, December 13, 2008

Conversations with a Taxi Driver


A popular subject amongst us expats is the taxi drivers in K.L.   From my own experiences I've noticed that they like to chat, ask personal questions, and with an exception of a few, they are generally very nice.  I'll share one of my conversations with you. 

This is after chatting about the weather and how the taxi driver is studying English at a local University. 

Taxi Driver:  Are you married?
Kim:  Yes, I am. 
Taxi Driver:  Do you have any kids?
Kim:  No, not yet.  We just got married in March.
Taxi Driver:  Ah..you foreigners like to work things out first before having children. Kind of like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt!
Kim:  Yeah..I guess???  (Kim thinking to herself..Angelina and Brad? huh? I'm confused!)


No comments: